Sunday, November 6, 2011

Joshua's First Testimony

Today was testimony meeting at church.  It was very nice and uplifting.  At one point, Josh asked about the "talks," hoping it was the last one.  Then I explained to him that since it was Fast Sunday, people could get up and bear their testimony (or share their feelings on the gospel).  He thought about it for a moment then asked if he could go up and do it.  I told him that we should wait until next month and we could practice a little more at home, since we can't go up there and tell him what to say... that wouldn't really be HIS testimony, would it?  So, he told me he knew what he would say, and told me what it was.  I told him to ask his Daddy to take him up.  :)  Peter got up and took him up to the stand.  When he was the next one, Josh had Peter go stand behind him, and then he said, "I believe this church is true.  I know that God lives.  And I know that Jesus died for me.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."  Completely unprompted, and not exactly what he told me he was going to say.  He is growing up so fast, and I'm thankful that he is developing a good foundation in the gospel.


2 comments:

Another Piece Of Chocolate said...

Oh how I wish I was there to have heard it and saw him - thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Amazing. Great job mom!