Saturday, May 3, 2008

Trees....

So, we were planning on a nice, quiet, uneventful evening tonight. Just after I had gotten Josh to sleep, and before I managed to stand up and head to the front room, I heard a super duper loud bang that shook the walls and then a really loud crash of glass falling to the floor. I thought that someone had slammed the door upstairs really hard, and the sound was like a bunch of plates falling off a cabinet. Then it occurred to me that it wouldn't be possible for someone to slam the door that hard here. Plus, we don't have any cabinets of plates that could have fallen like that. Instead, here is what we found in the kitchen.


The kitchen window was in pieces all over the counter, in the sink, and on the floor. Our sink was full of dishes because we usually do them after the kids are down. Thank goodness Josh took forever to go to sleep tonight, or Peter or I, or both of us would have been at the sink when this happened. It's hard to see, but there are several large pieces of our window sitting in the sink with our dishes. Then we looked outside to see what had broken the window and this is what we found:


This tree used to be in the woods behind our apartment.


And it was attached to the ground via this stump. So much for our nice quiet evening!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did the tree break through your window or what?
Aunt Heidi

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

That's scary!

Jennifer Landress said...

CRAZY! So much excitement since we left:)