Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Emily!

Emily's birthday was on Tuesday, January 27. She has been such a joy in our lives for the past year. We can't wait to see what happens in the years to come. We love our little girl.


1st Birthday cake. Made my mommy, with love. I made the same cake for Josh... without the pink bow. I think I'll make it a first birthday tradition. Everyone will get to get a bear cake.


Emily enjoying her cake. If you notice throughout the collage, she begins by tasting the icing, then she really dug in. We gave her the entire ear, all for herself... in was only a cupcake. But it had a TON of frosting on it. Boy, was she a mess.

Josh enjoyed his share of her "birthday" too. He'd been asking if we could make her "birthday" for a few weeks. So, he got to help a little with it too. I guess the fact it was a birthday cake for her birthday is a difficult concept. It always surprises me what comes out of his mouth.


Opening a few presents. She actually figured that out very quickly. Maybe it was because Christmas wasn't too long ago.


Emily is such a girl. She saw this doll, and stared for a moment, then got a huge grin. When she first got the doll in her arms, she gave it a huge kiss and a big hug... which is what you see here. At least she understands that we love our babies.

And then she got this stroller to put it in. Wow! She's having so much fun with her new toys. She loves to push this thing around almost as much as she likes to climb in it herself... no she doesn't fit, and does need help to get back out. I need a picture of that, I think.

She really did make out like a bandit this year. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

And last, but far from least, Emily got this adorable little dress from Grandma. Grandma is such a talented seamstress. By the way, she makes beautiful blessing gowns to sell. If you are in need of one, let me know. I'll get you in touch with her so you can find out what she has. Or what she can make. I am so proud of her. But, back to Emily. Isn't she so cute in this new dress?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuteness is ablaze in the Datin household!

KC

Coty said...

Oh, Happy Birthday!!!
Cutie-patootie!

Astyn said...

Hey Angie. Cute blog. It is fun to see what you have been up to. I cannot believe that Emily is 1 already! Time sure does fly.