Thursday, April 30, 2009

Yanni Voices (Live)!

So, I am a super big fan of Yanni. I think I got my first CD of his back in high school.... so long ago. After that, I bought every CD I could get my hands on for a while. I just love his music. Anyhow, he is touring again with a few vocal performers. One of their first stops in the US was in Gainesville, FL. I was so excited when I heard, and then I saw the prices. So expensive. So, I realized I couldn't go.


How did I get this picture, then? (By the way, flash photography wasn't allowed during the show, so after the show was over, I pulled out my phone really fast and got this silhouette of Yanni.) Anyhow, one of the vocal performers, who is a member of the church, donated several tickets to members of the church in the area. (He is good friends with a couple in one of the wards here.) Thanks to him, I was able to get my hands on one and go with a friend from church. It was AWESOME! I thought I liked his music on disc, but in a concert it is so neat.

Thanks to the most wonderful husband in the world for securing the tickets and then watching the kids so I could go enjoy an evening of Yanni. I love you, Peter!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: