Friday, January 28, 2011

Emily's Three!

Yesterday was Emily's third birthday! I can't believe she's getting so big. She is my independent little girl who loves to read and play. She has recently started giving hugs like their going out of style. I absolutely love that. And, I think she has suddenly become a "Mama's Girl." I will be enjoying that while it lasts. Here are a few pictures of the presents that Emily got for her birthday.


This My Little Pony set has already been used nearly constantly. Pinkie Pie and Sweetie Bell. Emily loves horses, and our neighbor, Lucille, had given her a My Little Pony for Christmas, so I knew she'd love these toys.


Emily also got this movie. The Rescuers is one that I enjoyed as a kid. My parents got them the Great Mouse Detective for Christmas, which they love, so I thought this would be a good bet. In fact, they are watching it right now. Joshua is nearly rolling on the ground laughing at whatever is going on.


We also got Emily a couple books, since she LOVES to sit and "read" so much. She got this one, The Story of Babar, and she also got a collection of Little Critter books.


Here is Emily with the Princess Castle cake she requested. It was a lot of fun to make. The colorful dots and lines were some cake decorating glitter gels that I bought. We thought they might be fun, so I let the kids help me with those. Then, we got some on our hands and had to taste it. Not so tasty. So, we quit. Poor Joshua was afraid to even try the cake then. I don't think you could even taste it with everything else. Oh well. He sure missed out. This cake was a butter yellow cake filled with strawberries and decorated in buttercream icing. Yum, yum.

I tried to upload a video, and it had a hard time uploading it. So, I will explain it, instead. Emily had helped put the sparklies on the cake, so she had seen that, but she had not known anything about the princesses. The video is of her coming into the kitchen to get some cake, and then noticing the dolls. Her reaction was so much fun. She stood there and stared for a moment and made this funny noise she makes when she's excited. She even started shaking a little bit from the excitement, though you can't see that in the video. Then she walked around and started grabbing the princesses and "played" with them... otherwise known as pounding on the table. :) The video ends just as the kids begin to fight over the princesses. Fun, fun.

I think Emily had a great birthday. Thank you to those of you who called and sent emails to wish her a happy birthday. She sure enjoyed it.

No comments: