At the beginning of July, my family had a reunion in Bartlesville, OK. On July 3, we took a trip to visit Woolaroc. It was a nice place to visit. The kids got to pet some animals. And there was a nice little museum to explore.
 |
| Emily is always excited to see animals. She would have been more than happy to get IN the pen with this little guy if she had been allowed to. |
 |
| Jessie's a little more cautious, but she still loves to look at the animals... leaving a little more distance between herself and the creature whenever possible. |
 |
| Here's a random picture from in the museum. I'm not sure who had the camera at this time, but it was obviously not me. |
 |
| Here I am, holding Mr. Nick. He was a bit tired, but very happy to be out of his stroller for a few minutes. |
|
|
|
After taking those couple pictures, my Dad asked me if I'd seen the sign that indicated they'd prefer you not to use flash photography. Oops! Totally missed that one.
But, the most exciting part of this visit happened just before the museum while we were exploring outside. We found a nice tower above a building, so several of us climbed up to get a view. I was lagging behind, so I decided to pull out a camera to get a picture of everyone up there. This is what happened next.
 |
| I looked up to try to get a picture, and heard Jessie start crying. If you look close, you'll see Jessie's head sticking out through the bars. Those are Nathan's hands above her head, trying to push the bars apart to help her out. |
 |
| After several minutes, and with the help of a real firefighter, (my brother-in-law, Travis), and several other grown men, (Peter, Nathan, and my Dad) Jessie was freed from her captivity. |
 |
| She came down and sat in my lap after the whole ordeal was over. |
|
|
|
|
By the way, so you notice how red we all were? That's the product of
super low temperatures in the upper 90's that day, and nearly 100%
humidity. I guess I just need reminders why it's okay to live so far
away from home. We have great weather here in the bay area, even if we have to fly to get to see grandparents.
No comments:
Post a Comment