This year, I decided to go ahead and turn 30... even though last year I claimed I'd had my last birthday. I figured it wouldn't be so bad after all. I was a little disappointed, though. I have heard that with age comes wisdom. Well, I didn't feel one bit smarter on July 18 than I did on the 17th. Oh well. I guess it's really experience, and not age, that brings the wisdom. :)
This year, I decided it would be fun to go camping for my birthday. What was I thinking! I'm pregnant, in the middle of summer, in Florida, and sleeping outside. It was fun, and all worth it. We realized, after we got there, that we could have brought a fan because our site had a power outlet. That would have helped. We'll remember next time. Another funny thing about our campout. There is an Amphitheater practically in the backyard of this state park. That night, there happened to be a concert. Fun, fun! I thought someone was just being really rude and cranked up their stereo while they were setting up their tents. Nope! Live concert. I actually started recognizing some of the songs from the headliner band. I thought for sure that it was some local band just playing some old songs. But then the band closed and said they were glad they stopped by St. Augustine in their concert tour. Come to find out we had just attended an Offspring concert. Who would have guessed? Only a decade past their prime, but it was fun that I knew some of the songs... (After the kids fell asleep that is.)

Josh, Emily and Mommy getting the tent all ready.
This year, I decided it would be fun to go camping for my birthday. What was I thinking! I'm pregnant, in the middle of summer, in Florida, and sleeping outside. It was fun, and all worth it. We realized, after we got there, that we could have brought a fan because our site had a power outlet. That would have helped. We'll remember next time. Another funny thing about our campout. There is an Amphitheater practically in the backyard of this state park. That night, there happened to be a concert. Fun, fun! I thought someone was just being really rude and cranked up their stereo while they were setting up their tents. Nope! Live concert. I actually started recognizing some of the songs from the headliner band. I thought for sure that it was some local band just playing some old songs. But then the band closed and said they were glad they stopped by St. Augustine in their concert tour. Come to find out we had just attended an Offspring concert. Who would have guessed? Only a decade past their prime, but it was fun that I knew some of the songs... (After the kids fell asleep that is.)
Josh, Emily and Mommy getting the tent all ready.
Emily and Josh were both sweating up a storm. My poor hot kids. Somehow, they still loved every second.
Josh, Emily, and Daddy as they waited by the campfire for big enough flames to cook hotdogs. Again, why are we setting up a campfire when it's already nearly 90 degrees? Silly us!
The next morning, we headed over to the beach to swim. It was a beautiful morning. I just love the little kiddie pool the ocean leaves behind when the tide goes out. Makes a perfect place for Josh and Emily, since they haven't been too fond of the waves in the ocean.

2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGIE!! What a fun trip! :)
Happy Belated Birthday. I will not be turning 30, so enjoy it for me! I had a hard enough time turning 20. We haven't been brave enough to go camping with the kids yet. How do you get them to go to sleep and stay asleep with everyone in the tent?
Post a Comment