On Monday, March 2, Josh turned 3. Of course, if you asked him, he would tell you he is now 3 and a half. It's amazing. He went from 2 to 3 1/2 all over night. Oh how time flies. :)
Most mornings, Josh wakes up and sometimes calls for me from his bed, and sometimes comes to the gate at my bedroom door and calls. He's always soft to make sure he doesn't wake up Emily, thank goodness. Well, on his birthday, when he woke up, he came to the gate and said "Mommy" as loud as he could. I practically hit the ceiling, I was so startled. When I said "What, Josh" in my croaky morning voice, he shouted, "it's my birthday!" It was a fun way to wake up, I must admit.
Most mornings, Josh wakes up and sometimes calls for me from his bed, and sometimes comes to the gate at my bedroom door and calls. He's always soft to make sure he doesn't wake up Emily, thank goodness. Well, on his birthday, when he woke up, he came to the gate and said "Mommy" as loud as he could. I practically hit the ceiling, I was so startled. When I said "What, Josh" in my croaky morning voice, he shouted, "it's my birthday!" It was a fun way to wake up, I must admit.
My mom sent us a cake pan shaped like a train. I did my best to make it into Thomas. Wow! Shaped cakes are soooo hard. But it was worth it.

Josh had been begging all day Sunday to open a present, so we promised him he could open a gift before Daddy went to work. He ended up getting 3, spaced across the time we were getting ready for the day. He finished opening his gifts after dinner that evening. The first gift he wanted was the one int he Lightning McQueen wrapping. It was a clock. Funny. He absolutely loves this thing. He goes to check the time now, but only on this clock.
We had a birthday party for Josh on his birthday. We did it at the park. It was a cool, but beautiful day. He had a lot of friends show up, and we had a great time.

3 comments:
Wow! That cake is awesome Angie! and I love that bottom picture of Emily with the cupcake all over her face! So cute!
I love the cake you are getting really good at birthday cakes. Tylers spring break is in the middle of april if you still want to go camping.
Angie...this looks like so much fun. I am so sad that we could not make it, it was not our best week. Josh is such a sweet little guy. He is so much bigger than when you first moved to Gainesville. It is cute to see your family grow!
Happy Birthday Josh!
Post a Comment