Sunday, May 31, 2009

Rockets

When Peter and Josh went to the fathers/sons campout a couple months ago, someone brought a rocket launcher. Everyone got to make rockets and launch them. Apparently, it was a ton of fun. So much so, that Peter decided to make one of his own. His excuse was to make it for a Young Men's activity, but when the bishop told him he could submit the receipt and the ward could keep it, Peter said no. He was planning to keep it for himself. :) I think he'll be making one for the ward sometime too, so it's all good.

Anyhow, a little while after he made it, we took it out to the park and launched some rockets of our own. It WAS a ton of fun. All it is is some pipe, a valve, and an air pump. You pump it up to the pressure you want, then turn the valve. It's shocking how high these little paper rockets can get.


Peter with his creation, getting ready to send that rocket flying.


Josh loved helping with pumping up the air.


Emily enjoyed launching the rockets.


Josh was so good at running to get the rockets. I think if I'd been chasing them, we may not have stayed nearly so long. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stephen and Ashley said...

I'm not showing Stephen this post...or we'd be on our way to the store immediately. :)