Lately, Josh hasn't been taking naps as much. Today, he just happened to. But I woke him up early so he'll go to bed at a decent time, plus he really wanted to help with some cleaning. How sweet of him!
At one point, we cleaned off a dresser in my room. On top, there was a piece of fabric I bought for him a couple years ago. My intention had been to sew up the edges and make a square for him to become attached to. It never happened, but today, Josh saw it and wanted to make something with it. So I pulled out the sewing machine and matched up the edges and started sewing. Halfway through, I realized it would be a nice bag, instead of just a square, and asked if that's what he wanted. He did. So, I made a bag.
Here is the bag we made.
The purpose of this story? After I handed it to him, he looked at me and said, "That was really nice of you to make this for me."
That blew me away. He's so good at saying "Thanks" but this was really thought out and sincere. I'm so proud of him.
At one point, we cleaned off a dresser in my room. On top, there was a piece of fabric I bought for him a couple years ago. My intention had been to sew up the edges and make a square for him to become attached to. It never happened, but today, Josh saw it and wanted to make something with it. So I pulled out the sewing machine and matched up the edges and started sewing. Halfway through, I realized it would be a nice bag, instead of just a square, and asked if that's what he wanted. He did. So, I made a bag.
The purpose of this story? After I handed it to him, he looked at me and said, "That was really nice of you to make this for me."
That blew me away. He's so good at saying "Thanks" but this was really thought out and sincere. I'm so proud of him.
1 comment:
Awhh!! How sweet!! You have taught him well - by example :- )
Good job on the sewing too
Post a Comment