In December, we took a trip back to Oklahoma to spend time with family for Christmas and have Jessica's blessing. We had a great time. We got to Peter's family's house in time to go to Grandma and Granddad's Christmas dinner on December 19. It was great to see Peter's grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins and their kids.
The biggest story from the Christmas dinner kept Josh off his feet for a little while. Grandma and Granddad now have a dog. Josh wanted to see the dog, so I took them over close enough to pet him, but far enough away that the dog couldn't jump on him. I told him that he wasn't to go any closer. Later, I was sitting on the swing with him, and Josh pointed out that the dog looked lonely... should have seen the big red flag there. I can't remember what I said but I took him back over to pet the dog again, and told him that he shouldn't go any closer because I didn't want the dog to jump on him. Josh started playing with the other kids and having a great time with them. The other kids were being careful with him, making sure he wasn't getting hurt in the dodge ball game they were playing, and just being all around nice, so I eventually went inside for a little bit to spend time with the adults. This is on a farm in the country, so I didn't figure I had anything to worry about. By this time, the dodge ball game was over, and Josh was sitting on the swing with Tiger, who I believe is 5? A few minutes later, Tiger came inside and said the dog was jumping on the little boy out there. I was in the other room in the back of the house, so I didn't hear any of this until the adults came inside with Josh crying. He had decided to go visit the lonely dog all the way over at his doghouse. The dog then jumped on him... he's a very jumpy dog... knocked him over and kept jumping on him. Josh, in the process of falling over, sprained his ankle, so he couldn't walk on that foot for a few days. Thank goodness the dog didn't bite or scratch him. We were really blessed in that. After Josh could walk around, somehow, he kept falling and twisting it again, and again, and again. Poor kid.
The biggest story from the Christmas dinner kept Josh off his feet for a little while. Grandma and Granddad now have a dog. Josh wanted to see the dog, so I took them over close enough to pet him, but far enough away that the dog couldn't jump on him. I told him that he wasn't to go any closer. Later, I was sitting on the swing with him, and Josh pointed out that the dog looked lonely... should have seen the big red flag there. I can't remember what I said but I took him back over to pet the dog again, and told him that he shouldn't go any closer because I didn't want the dog to jump on him. Josh started playing with the other kids and having a great time with them. The other kids were being careful with him, making sure he wasn't getting hurt in the dodge ball game they were playing, and just being all around nice, so I eventually went inside for a little bit to spend time with the adults. This is on a farm in the country, so I didn't figure I had anything to worry about. By this time, the dodge ball game was over, and Josh was sitting on the swing with Tiger, who I believe is 5? A few minutes later, Tiger came inside and said the dog was jumping on the little boy out there. I was in the other room in the back of the house, so I didn't hear any of this until the adults came inside with Josh crying. He had decided to go visit the lonely dog all the way over at his doghouse. The dog then jumped on him... he's a very jumpy dog... knocked him over and kept jumping on him. Josh, in the process of falling over, sprained his ankle, so he couldn't walk on that foot for a few days. Thank goodness the dog didn't bite or scratch him. We were really blessed in that. After Josh could walk around, somehow, he kept falling and twisting it again, and again, and again. Poor kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment