The other day, I took the kids to visit a "pumpkin patch" here in town. I showed up at the wrong time. 10:30, but it didn't really open until noon. The website was awfully confusing because it looked like it was open from 8 am - 9 pm. They just happened to have a field trip there, so there were a ton of people, so the let me stay and pick up some pumpkins anyway. They had hayrides and moon bounces, but I wouldn't let the kids do any of it because I was a little confused about whether that was part of the patch or something special. Later, I talked to my friend, Heather, who informed me that the stuff was in deed part of the experience. So, I took the kids back on another day with another friend of mine, Sandra, and let the kids have some fun. Here are some pictures from the second outing.

Sandra was kind enough to take a couple pictures with me and the kids. I am making quite an odd expression because I was really trying not to blink. I don't know which was worse, closed eyes, or this look? Oh well. The kids are super cute at least.

Josh in the moon bounce. Emily got in and stood around until I got in with her. Josh wouldn't even get in until I'd been in there with Emily for a while. After some other kids came over and bounced around, Josh and Emily finally got the idea and started really enjoying themselves. This is Josh mid-bounce. I'm amazed it turned out, since I only had my phone on me.

Emily thought this pumpkin was nice. She really tried to pick it up, but I think it weighed nearly as much as she does. I think she's standing here trying to figure out how she can take it with her.

Walking through the pumpkin patch with Sandra. I wish I'd taken the photo a little higher so you could see my friend as well, but I thought the kids were too cute right here to pass this photo up.
No comments:
Post a Comment